Discussion: Cote de Pablo Season 11Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 19 of 19  |  Show  posts at a time

4charactersnwriters
Cote de Pablo Season 11
Mar 27 2013, 9:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 27 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
So, it appears that Cote is still a question mark for S11, whereas the rest of the cast has signed or is good for next season. Does anyone else find that troubling? I know there is still time, but goodness the window is closing soon. Especially with the hints of her avenging her father's death in the next few episodes? That would just be a horrible way to the end the season for Ziva to die or leave, even if Tony & Ziva acknowledge their feelings for one another. It would be so anticlimactic & disappointing. Hardly any resolution. And what about the "wedding" the writers/producers have alluded to for the past 3 or 4 seasons? Not to mention, who in the world could possibly take her place? 11  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: season 11
bellswebster
bellswebster
1. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Mar 27 2013, 10:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 27 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
"So, it appears that Cote is still a question mark for S11, whereas the rest of the cast has signed or is good for next season. Does anyone else find that troubling? I know there is still time, but goodness the window is closing soon. Especially with the hints of her avenging her father's death in the next few episodes? That would just be a horrible way to the end the season for Ziva to die or leave, even if Tony & Ziva acknowledge their feelings for one another. It would be so anticlimactic & disappointing. Hardly any resolution. And what about the "wedding" the writers/producers have alluded to for the past 3 or 4 seasons? Not to mention, who in the world could possibly take her place? "
The wedding was Palmer and Brenna, not Tony & Ziva.
8  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

4charactersnwriters
2. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Mar 27 2013, 10:39 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 27 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
Yes, some believe that. It wasn't shown. I'm referring to an actual wedding they show with staff in attendance & Gibbs playing father of the bride. From what I've gathered from the past seasons, if you read between the lines, & based on reoccurring themes, I think there will be another one. 2  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
3. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Mar 27 2013, 11:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 28 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
"Yes, some believe that. It wasn't shown. I'm referring to an actual wedding they show with staff in attendance & Gibbs playing father of the bride. From what I've gathered from the past seasons, if you read between the lines, & based on reoccurring themes, I think there will be another one."
Sorry but i don't read that between any of the lines. I would like Cote to be a bit more like the old Ziva was, while still maintaining the softer changes she has learned. If she doesn't return (which I doubt) then I hope she is replaced with a male agent to stop all this soap opera stuff from taking over the show. Or maybe get McGee out in the field more and have Dorney take over McGee's job when he isn't there in the bullpen. They only had 3 agents in the early days, so going back to that with whom they have would save a lot of fuss. That's what I think anyway.
7  out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
4. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 10 2013, 7:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 10 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
Well we now know that Cote is leaving. Sad. I would still like it if there was just the three team members left to run the crime investigations, for awhile anyway.
Good luck Cote, thanks for many years of wonderful acting.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Scorpio-lady
Scorpio-lady
5. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 12 2013, 3:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 12 2013, 3:25 AM EDT
It's going to be a very different show without Ziva, but perhaps this will end up being a shot in the arm for NCIS to remain on the air for at least another five years, which would greatly please me! My thanks to Cote for everything she brought to the show in her eight years, and I wish her the best of luck in the future. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SilverStar48
SilverStar48
6. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 12 2013, 8:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 12 2013, 8:16 AM EDT
Do we know WHY this is happening? Was it over a contract difference or does she need to try something else? I will miss her as Ziva for sure. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
7. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 12 2013, 12:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 12 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
As far as we know she simply wanted to move on, although SM' sister-in-law tweeted that it was because she wanted more personal time for herself. No doubt news will come out in dribs and drabs and we'll have to sift among outrageous rumours for the truth 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
ncisgirl89
ncisgirl89
8. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 12 2013, 8:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 12 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
I saw on twitter that they are gonna drag out Ziva's storyline in 11 so Cote can guest appear instead of bidding us a goodbye at the end of the season opener. Either way everyone have some tissues nearby once season 11 starts cause Ziva/Cote departing is as sad as when Kate/Sasha, Jenny/Lauren & Mike/Muse left... Do you find this valuable?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
9. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 12 2013, 9:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 12 2013, 9:46 PM EDT
"I saw on twitter that they are gonna drag out Ziva's storyline in 11 so Cote can guest appear instead of bidding us a goodbye at the end of the season opener. Either way everyone have some tissues nearby once season 11 starts cause Ziva/Cote departing is as sad as when Kate/Sasha, Jenny/Lauren & Mike/Muse left..."
I believe she has given them a number of episodes to deal with it. She won't be in the final I don't think.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Kastlefan301
10. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 12 2013, 10:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 12 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
A few episodes, that would be good til she leaves, a sort of easy letting down as they work Ziva out. That would be okay. Two or three or four episodes and then the goodbye.

Damn, that will be hard to watch knowing she's really going. I'm dating myself here, but kind of like watching that old show Cover Up when Jon Erik Hexem was playing with a set gun and basically pulled a Brandon Lee with it and shot himself in the head and died. The scene where the other agents told the head gal that he wasn't coming back from a mission and she looked in shock at them and questioned, he's not coming back with hard tears in her eyes was so hard and sad to watch, cause it was true, he really wasn't coming back. Her tears we real, no acting. I cried watching that cause I liked him.

Anyway, hard to watch and more hard filming it for the rest of the cast too. I feel sorry for them, they are losing a coworker they've gotten to be close to all these years.
Do you find this valuable?    
Sorgiña
Sorgiña
11. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 13 2013, 2:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 13 2013, 2:34 AM EDT
I would think they could wrap this up in 2 or 3 episodes maximum, considering they were able to close the Dearing arc in one, and other arcs ditto. I really don't see the tragedy considering CdP is leaving by her own choice, it's not as if her character was written out like Lauren Holly's was. Do you find this valuable?    

nevermissncis
12. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 15 2013, 5:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 15 2013, 5:13 AM EDT
So are they saying they don't write episodes in advance? How could she announce that she is leaving right before filming? They must have a new "star".
So are we to believe this all just happened or that CBS wanted us to hold on until they announced? She is such a huge presence. I cannot imagine anyone kicking ass and being so strong. Who can replace that? A man maybe. I would love to see Burley back I wanted the show to end together with the exception of Dr. Mallard--David-as he might just retire due to his real age. I knew the words to the shows yesterday and some of today but I just lost my feel for it. I think CBS forced her out due to money or at the very least kept us all hanging for months to build up the show. It did the opposite for me.

annie921
13. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 15 2013, 5:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 15 2013, 5:23 AM EDT
I hope that they wrap up Ziva's story fairly quickly and let the remaining characters move on. Tony has been stuck in a holding pattern for years because of "tiva" and so that Ziva could always have the upper hand. I have really gotten tired of the soapish writing surrounding not only Ziva, but Gibbs and Vance as well. I hope that this change in cast and in the writers too injects some fresh ideas into the show. The formulas for comedy (mostly Tony being humiliated) and drama (mostly Ziva or Gibbs involved in a big drama while the others are marginalized in supporting roles) and the over simplification of all the characters - Gibbs as humorless lone wolf and Ziva's daddy, Tony as the shallow fool and Ziva's admirer, Abby as baby and Ziva's BFF, Ziva as everything, McGee chained to the desk and Ziva cheerleader, Vance as Gibbs enabling confidante - I hope to see the characters drawn more like DPB drew them - with multifaceted personalities. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
LovesZiva
LovesZiva
14. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 17 2013, 5:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 17 2013, 5:06 PM EDT
You do have to respect Cote for being professional and giving fans proper closure on her character by coming back to guest star in a few episodes like Sasha did in season 3.

Often times do we hear about the actors/actresses just decide to leave and we only have a few lines the next episode to explain why they are not back( like with Meloni leaving SVU).

1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellswebster
bellswebster
15. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 17 2013, 5:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 17 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
"You do have to respect Cote for being professional and giving fans proper closure on her character by coming back to guest star in a few episodes like Sasha did in season 3.

Often times do we hear about the actors/actresses just decide to leave and we only have a few lines the next episode to explain why they are not back( like with Meloni leaving SVU).

"
Yes. I think it was good of her. I am hoping she can work out something for season 12 and return again. Other actresses have done that on Criminal Minds. They left and came back.
LovesZiva
LovesZiva
16. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 17 2013, 7:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 17 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
"Yes. I think it was good of her. I am hoping she can work out something for season 12 and return again. Other actresses have done that on Criminal Minds. They left and came back."
I wish they would Mike Frank her in a way. Have her reinstatement take awhile for some reason and only show up a few episodes in 11. That way she gets her personal time and maybe after the somewhat vacation, she is ready to come back full time. Or at least stay on part time....
bellswebster
bellswebster
17. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Jul 17 2013, 7:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 17 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
"I wish they would Mike Frank her in a way. Have her reinstatement take awhile for some reason and only show up a few episodes in 11. That way she gets her personal time and maybe after the somewhat vacation, she is ready to come back full time. Or at least stay on part time.... "
It all depends on what she has planned for her future. I wish her the best what ever it is.
LovesZiva
LovesZiva
18. RE: Cote de Pablo Season 11
Dec 1 2013, 9:06 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 1 2013, 9:10 PM EST
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but found this little tidbit with MW and PP providing a bit more light into why Cote left.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cote-de-pablo-just-wanted-a-break-from-ncis-not-more-money

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)