Sign in or
◄ Go home: NCIS
Ziva David is played by Cote de Pablo
Occupation/Title: Former Mossad Liaison Officer
As of Season 9: NCIS Special Agent
Hometown: Tel Aviv, Israel
Birthplace: Be'er Shiva, Israel
Before joining Mossad Ziva was in the Israeli mossad 'Tzahal' for two years as is compulsory for all Israeli women. During her time at Mossad Ziva was part of a Special Operations Unit known as 'Metsada' or 'Kidon.' This unit specialized in assassinations, paramilitary operations, sabotage & psychological warfare. Ziva's position was Control Officer. Ziva has been involved in operations in Cairo, Egypt (where she met Jenny Shepard), in Iraq before its liberation, Paris where she worked with partner Namir Eschel & directly prior to working with NCIS Ziva was working on counter-terrorist operations in the UK for six months and before that in Eastern Europe along side Jenny Shepard. Her most recent work with Mossad was working undercover in Morocco as a singer at a bar. She came back to NCIS and then went back to Israel and stayed to get inside a terrorist camp in Somalia, but is captured and tortured and rescued by McGee, Tony and Gibbs.
Aggressive, sometimes caring, hides emotions
Casual, wears cargo pants often; dresses for practicality rather than style. Only jewellery worn is a Magan David (Star of David) necklace and occasionally earrings. From the end of season 5 she seems to dress more feminine.
Fluent in Spanish, French, Arabic, English, and of course Hebrew. Speaks at least some German, Italian, Turkish, and Russian. Sharp shooter.
Can kill a person 18 different ways with a paperclip, can kill someone with a credit card, easily intimidates guys, can take down marines either ODing on PCP or with steroid induced psychosis, two gang members and a very good cook
Endearing Traits: Crazy ninja chick, crazy driving, hates being called ma'am
She mixes up English idioms, but it's hard to say that's annoying,doesn't empathize with people very well
Talk about Ziva!
| Family Members:|
| Season 3:|
- Ziva begins the season in peril (Shalom) and her self-sufficiency will not help her. The rest of the team form a plan to defy the FBI and to rescue Ziva, even though, if caught, they may lose their jobs and face being sent to jail. Her contribution to the NCIS team is that she has learned her lessons well: "I am No longer just a killer, I am an investigator, too." In investigatory fashion, she recorded a confession of the terrorist's crimes before killing them. Because of this, she has evidence that she killed in self-defense.
- Ziva begins to show that she is learning to empathize. In episode 12, Suspicion, she confronts Gibbs about why he allowed Tony to return to the city, when the rest of the team stayed in the boondocks. She quizzes Gibbs so intensely that he snarls "Oh, you and Tony got married and didn't tell me." Ziva, convinced that Tony is dying of a terrible disease that requires occasional visits to a hospital, demands info from Gibbs. Gibbs, with better insight into human behaviour, says dying is not the only reason for spending time at a hospital, but doesn't elaborate. It is not until episode 16, Dead Man Walking, when Ziva falls in love herself, that she truly starts to understand Tony. Ziva's love for a dead man walking makes her the object of sympathy from others. This is unfamiliar and she rejects it, except from Tony.
- By the end of the season, Ziva and Tony have built a rapport and a familiarity with each others' ways. When the patterns are broken, Ziva's inner alarm bells ring. The rapport with Tony is not sexual. The relationship solidifies at a time when Tony has eyes for no one but Jeanne. In Under Covers, it seems that the two have been excellent at faking sex, to convince the people listening via the bugs planted in their hotel room. At the end of that episode, Tony demands "a divorce." We note that the person Tony fell in love with is the antithesis of Ziva. Jeanne is a doctor, not an assassin. The person Ziva fell in love with is the antithesis of Tony. He would have made a good marine, which could not be said of Tony. An alternate view being that Gibbs holds Tony to USMC Standards as his team note the "Rules." A counterargument could be that Gibbs says in one episode "You may not admire his methods, but you gotta love the results," indicating that he is a non-conformist. An opposing argument claims that Gibbs treats Tony well, once referred to Tony as "my son", so Gibbs may see Tony as a surrogate son.
- While Ziva regards Tony as her work partner, she is seen working well with McGee, Gibbs, and having a strong rapport with Ducky. Jenny is outed as her conduit of information. Ziva seems adept at working with anyone who helps her achieve her goal.
- In Grace Period, Ziva is deliberately cruel to Special Agent Paula Cassidy, whose team-mates have died, making Cassidy furious. Gibbs sends Cassidy out with Tony and asks Ziva if she is going soft. Ziva admits that she was needling Cassidy to help her stay angry and remain focused. Ziva agrees that the price of this is Cassidy's permanent anger, but believes she can deal with that. Ziva has no need to be liked, but she has become empathetic.
- In the season premiere, Bury your Dead, she is the first to believe that Tony is dead. Despite not being visibly distraught, she takes Tony's letter opener. Her belief system does not lend itself to hoping for the best or believing in miracles, unlike McGee and Abby, who consciously choose to believe that Tony is okay. Ziva's tendency to expect the worse means that she stopped hunting for clues as to Tony's whereabouts. It is McGee and his obsessive belief that spurs her to help find the needed clues.
- In later episodes, it becomes apparent she has romantic feelings towards Tony.
- She also tells him that he is deeply troubled over Jeanne. She also states that the man he is becoming needs a woman, hinting at herself. She also becomes closer to Abby. Despite the initial antagonism, they seem to be close friends. Ziva is learning patience. Her grief at Jenny's death and the termination of Mossad's ties with NCIS leave Ziva unbalanced as the season comes to a close. Season 6 leaves much to be uncovered.
- In the Season 6 opener, we find out that Ziva was sent back to Israel to complete a Mossad operation which NCIS Director Vance had got intelligence for. In this episode, Ziva's undercover mission includes her singing the song "temptation" which is the first time Cote ever sang anything on the show. This had a connection to an NCIS case and at the end of the premiere, she is reinstated with NCIS.
- It was revealed in the Season 6 episode 'Dagger' that she has a tattoo on an intimate part of her body. Tony knows about it, it is unclear if any of the other team members know.
- In Season 6's episode 'Road Kill' Ziva states that her first fight was at the age of 8. A boy named Shmuel Rubenstein told her that he liked her and she punched him. According to her he went down at the first punch.
- She began a realtionship with a Micheal Rivkin her mossad partner during the summer between seasons 5 and 6. He worked undercover and pissed off Gibbs. He is killed by Tony in self defence in second last episode of the season - Semper Fidelis.
- In the season finale, she stays in Israel and goes out to hit that terrorist camp in Africa. She is captured and tortured and left with a swollen left eye and bruises.
- In "Truth or Consquences", she is rescued by Tony, McGee and Gibbs from Saleem's camp.
- Season 7 episode 3 she resigned from Mossad
- Season 7 episode 4 she has officially become an NCIS special agent.
- In "Outlaws and Inlaws", she helps Tony keep an eye on Layla and Amira while Franks goes to NCIS and is good with kids
- Studied to become a U.S citizen.
- She passed her exams and is now a sworn U.S citizen.
- In "Enemies Foreign" we learn that Ziva's mother taught her to drive.
- In "Enemies Domestic" we learn that in 1991 Ziva's mother left Eli David taking the children with her, because he put his job before his family.
- In "Two-Faced", she introduced her boyfriend, Special Agent Ray Cruz of the CIA, to the team and realizes that he lied to her about bein the CIA liaison on the Port to Port killer case when she noticed that Barrett and Cruz know each other. Because of this, Ziva breaks up with Ray for not telling her, which Ray claims was that it was for her protection.
| || |
UNFORGETTABLE CHARACTER QUOTES
| (see all here quotes on this pages for season 3 and season 4)|
Ziva: "...spick and Spam."
Tony: "It's spick and span. Spam is a type of lunch meat."
Ziva: "Oh, ok. So what is 'span' then?"
Tony: "Span, it's... I'll get back to you on that one."
Her favourite quote is "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing", hence working for the intelligence agencies. Her love interest (the man in the orange hat) also had this as his favourite quotation and motivation for inspecting nuclear installations for a living.
To Abby when Abby is dressed in mauve polyester suit with teeter-totter heels:
Ziva: "Well, Abby, I think you look nice."
Abby: (outraged) "Nice? You think I look nice? I look like...like..."(spluttering)
Tony: (in shock/awe) "Career Girl Barbie."
When Tony complains about Ziva re-entering a building in order to defuse the bomb perched up on the rafters:
Ziva: (calmly) "Well why are you following me, then?"
Tony: (scared) "I don't freakin' know!!"
Ziva walks in.
Ziva: "Lions and spiders and bears, oh my!"
Gibbs is interrogating a suspect, while Ziva and Tony look in.
Ziva: (scoffing) "She is such a terd."
Tony: "A what?"
Ziva: "You know... A geek."
Tony: "You mean a nerd."
When Tony suggests that she knows Roy Sanders (Dead Man Walking) through Internet dating.Ziva: "I will kill you eighteen different ways with this paper clip."
Tony: [holding a letter] You ever lied to someone you love?
Ziva: [pauses] yes.
Tony: Did they ever forgive you?
Ziva: They never found out
Gibbs: (pauses) You wanna have children, Ziva?
Ziva (splutters, guppy-style) Well..
Gibbs: Its a simple question
Ziva: I do not have a simple answer
Tony: These are called feelings, Ziva
Ziva: Feelings you need to let go
Tony: That easy huh?
Ziva: Tony, even if by some miracle Jeanne did forgive you, would you be willing to be Tony DiNardo full-time? To leave your entire life behind for her? You didn't think this through.
Tony: Didn't you tell me that the heart wants what it wants?
Ziva: No, actually I didn't.
Tony: Well it does
Ziva: Well it shouldn't.
Tony: Really? This coming from the woman who fell in love with the dead man walking? (Ziva gives him the evil eye and yanks up his fly, hard)
Ziva: You crossed the line, Tony. (she stalks out of the men's room)
Tony: (incredulous) Oh!? I crossed the line?
Ziva: Gibbs does not accept apologies. But I do.
Tony: I'm sorry, Ziva, I know you were trying to help.
Ziva: Did I?
Tony: Um, I'll get back to you.
Ziva: The dogs of war are about to taste the hair of the dogs.
McGee: You know that's how Houdini died.
Tony: Ziva, did you kill Houdini?
Ziva: It is possible. I do not remember all their names.
Ziva: (being interrogated) I would hate to be misunderstood.
Fornell: Does that happen often?
Ziva: Once in a blue lagoon.
Ziva: Uno mas, Si'l vous plait.
Michael: You're mixing your languages.
Ziva: And my liquors.
Gibbs: Is that what this is about? You doubting your judgment?
Ziva: I should have moved earlier.
Gibbs: You woulda if you coulda.
Ziva: I left it too late.
Gibbs: You still took him out.
Ziva: I almost died.
Gibbs: But you didn't. You gotta trust your judgment Ziva. Moment you don't. It won't be almost.
Ziva to Tony: (as he's gassing up the Mustang): "What do you want me to do - hold your nozzle?"
Ziva: I am normal people!
Tony: You're normal people like the people from "Ordinary People" are normal people.
Ziva: If you want someone dead, you knock on their door, they answer you shoot them. Easy.
Abby: Wanna talk knives?
Ziva: Drip it!
Ducky: Do you mean drop it or zip it?
Ziva: American idioms drive me up the hall!
DEFINING EPISODES | MEMORABLE SCENES
Season 3 Promo
Kill Ari Part 1
Season 6 Promo photo
| ◄ Go back: NCIS Characters ||More Photos of: Ziva David ►|
See Also: Leroy Jethro Gibbs | Anthony DiNozzo | Abby Scuito | Timothy McGee | Ziva David | Ducky Mallard | Leon Vance |
| Recurring Characters | Former Characters |
| Recurring Characters | Former Characters |
Latest page update: made by agentnics
, Oct 3 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: NCIS Characters
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|tara_persad||ZIVA IS AN AWESEOME CHARACTER, IS SHE YOUR FAVE TOO?||17||Sep 29 2013, 7:21 PM EDT by IlainaM|
Thread started: Jun 5 2010, 7:31 PM EDT Watch
I like Ziva, her whole storyline and everything about her. I am fascinated by her cahracter and her stoyline because I am not from American or England, but from a Caribben country; so I never really knew about Mousad, until I saw Ziva.
Also, I was happy to see a character from the Middle East, a different and unique character. I don't get why people don't like her----->because she hides her emotions and does not know when or how to show them?? One have to remember where and how she grew up and who she grew up with. She hides her emotione because that's how she grew up----->she grew up with a tough father, who cares about nothing, but fighting for his country, and cared very little for his children, look at Ari, perfect example; Eli had Ari's mothe killed, he tossed Ziva to the wolves (Somalia terroist) she was torturted and abused for two.three months!! and Ei could not seem to care. He pretened to care when NCIS rescued her, it was a show--->sending Gidon to NCIS to get cause if he had cared he would have rescued her. ZIva was thought how to kill without feelings, she is a trained killer, beofre she did not care about killing; Moussad and her father is completely different from NCIS, and America and Abby. Normal people like you and me and Tony and McGee express our feelings, but Ziva's enviroment was totally different.. So you cna't hate her because of that, you can't help but feel sorry for her.
That's why Iike Ziva, for everything that she is, her entire storyline, what and show her character is. I actually liked those last few episodes in season 6--->the Ziva centric episodes, I always knew or suspected that because of who she was, the writers might kind of of such a storyline, but it turned out well in the end. And I believe that ZIva will always be loyal to Gibbs, Tony and NCIS and she will not betray them again.
16 out of 17 found this valuable. Do you?
|geocache||ziva||1||Aug 3 2012, 10:55 PM EDT by 03jawa|
|SACarter||Ziva is the more Gibbslike character of the show. (page: 1 2 3 4)||63||Jun 8 2012, 2:44 AM EDT by Sorgiña|
Thread started: Jun 13 2010, 12:02 PM EDT Watch
For the first time, an Israeli hero was brought in a show like NCIS and, though she is a killer and a spy, she is the character who ressembles Gibbs he most out of all the NCIS characters. Yet she is also unique as, as much as she ressembles Gibbs, she isn't as much like him as it seems. While Gibbs has had the fortune of having a loving father despite their strained relationshîp, Ziva has been raised by a power-hungry, manipulative father who sees her mearly as a tool to serve his own ends. Despite this, she was unable to bring herself to admit it to herself...until she met Gibbs, who took over the role of a father in her life. I was so glad when she turned her back on Mossad and most particularly on her father, the man who forced her to kill her own brother! I would love it if it was Ziva who pulled the trigger on the gun that will kill Eli David.
Showing 3 of 37 threads for this page - view all